Call for Papers: The XIV FIT International Legal Forum
October 19, 2022
Under the auspices of the International Federation of Translators (FIT) and organized by the FIT Task Force for Legal Translation and Interpreting and the Swiss Association of Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters (ASTTI), the XIV FIT International Legal Forum will be held in Spiez, Switzerland from July 8 to July 9, 2023 with the theme of Legal Translation and Interpreting in a World Without Barriers: New Challenges, Innovation and Business Development.
The forum welcomes translators, interpreters, terminologists, academics, researchers and students to attend and invites submission of paper abstracts on the following suggested subjects:
1. New technologies and their use in legal translation and interpreting
2. Innovation in legal translation and interpreting
3. Changes in the profession after the COVID-19 pandemic
4. Business opportunities in legal translation and interpreting
5. New topics on legal translation and interpreting and future prospects
6. Legal neologisms and terminology
7. Sworn or certified translation and interpreting
8. Court translation and interpreting
9. Education, teaching and training of legal translators and interpreters
10. Legal translation and interpreting standards and best practices
■ Languages: English, French or Spanish
■ Please submit to email@example.com a short bio and bibliographical notice, conference topic, abstract and keywords of your paper.
■ The abstract should be no more than 500 words.
■ Deadline for submission: 30 November, 2022
■ Notification of acceptance for the submitted abstracts will be sent by 9 January 2023.